I knoooooooow it’s been a while.
To be honest, life has been cray. Reasons why I haven’t been blogging:
- Got a new job at Target Canada (aw ya) which I absolutely love. I’ve become one of those people who enjoys going to work and talking about it after work. (Now to just work around that 6AM wakeup call….)
- Competed at UFE Showdown like a million years ago. (Jokes! June 26. Came 4/5 in both my categories. Feel meh about it. Taking a break from competing for now. You can’t live your whole life in the cycle of prepping for a show/offseason/prepping for a show. I need to learn to love my body and train as an athlete for life. So far, I’m feeling pretty good: in a lot better of a place than my last offseason. Struggling a bit with my sweet tooth and learning how to count macros. But crushing PRs in the gym left and right and just lifting for life and enjoyment.) This is just a learning curve! Big thanks to my boyfriend for supporting me and thinking the sun shines out of my bungholio even when I feel like a potato/am too self-critical. And for all you haters, no I didn’t gain 50 lbs of winter blubber so cool your jets. http://gph.is/HuRhQY
- Did cool summa things this summa which was nice as I wasn’t prepping for a show:
- Toronto Zoo (hi bears)
- Outdoor mini putting
- Lotsa roller blading
- Lotsa burritos
- Turned 25. (LAWD!! Sign me up for the Shoppers Drug Mart seniors discount.)
- Went to a few beaches. Not as many as I wanted to though, as #SummerNotSummer
- Went to a baby shower. (Have one more this summer. Enter the realm of the Shower Circuit. I’ve become really good at shopping for onesies.)
- Swam one measly time in a pool.
- Did a photoshoot and became a brand ambassador for Metamorfose Clothing.
- Signed up for the BADASS Dash. Sheldon and I are gonna win. Just saying.
- Learned how to monkey bar! (In prep for the obstacle race, lol. My biggest weakness!)
Future updates for me:
- Learning to love my body and become stronger in the gym. ATHLETE FOR LIFE. (Aiming for figure as I don’t have melon boobies or long, lithe legs. Also I have the waist of a six year old and the shoulders of a swimmah.)
- Moving in with my beardy stud in October. Wooooo! He literally has the cutest bedhead.
- Das it!
I’ll try to love you guys more. I’m sorry. Thanks to Casey for inspiring me to write a post after a long ‘sabbatical.’
Follow me on instagram (@itsbetterblonde) - I update that a lot more frequently and you can get any updates on my life from there. (Liiiiike the time I dyed my hair half brown. Ombre! Ole!)