Today I’m going to share a recipe for the most delicious salad I have ever made! I’m the type of person who likes to experiment with new recipes (a.k.a. improvise). Sometimes it doesn’t work out too well (like the time I made salad dressing with extra hot olive oil — ouch), but most of the time it goes over pretty well! This was one of those good times.
Pear & Brie Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing
- Romaine lettuce (Spinach or a spring mix would probably be really good as well)
- Chopped walnuts (candied pecans would be a super delicious alternative as well)
- 1 Bartlett pear (Bartletts add a perfect blend of sweet and juicy to the salad)
- Double-creme Brie cheese (You can add however much cheese as you please, of course — the more the better I think)
- Sliced cucumbers
Sweet Mustard Dressing
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbs. of honey mustard
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (or whatever your oil preferences are: grapeseed or sunflower could be good as well)
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. of hoisin sauce
- Pinch of powdered ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
This amount of salad and dressing meant two huge servings of salad for my girl friend and I, so I would double the recipe for the dressing if you’re making the salad for more than two people. The juiciness of the Bartlett adds some sweetness to the dressing as well which was a great touch.
Let me know what you think! You could always add some dried cranberries to the salad if you like (I’m not a huge dried fruit fan).