Well, last year I rang in 2012 with an all-you-can-eat sushi dinner with my little sister, Victoria and a night of heckling Electric Circus participants. (I’m not a huge NYE person, if you can’t tell.)
This year, I’m hitting up City Nightclub with my high school BFF/Olsen twin/fellow dwarf/fairy and we are going to dance our knickers off. (Figuratively, of course. The pantyhose might slither down a bit, but nothing concerning.)
2012 was an eclectic time period of goods and bads, ups and downs, Amanda Bynes- and Gabby Douglas-worthy moments.
Best Moments of 2012:
- Getting my dream internship at FLIP Publicity & Promotions, Inc.
- Letting go of a toxic relationship
- GETTING A CAR. AIIIE. FINALLY. FREEEDDDDDDOOOOM. (Braveheart reference, young chaps.)
- Sticking with my strength training work out regimen and seeing improvements in my muscle definition
- Giving some guys chances that I wouldn’t normally (Didn’t work out though…further perpetuates why I don’t date a certain kind of guy.)
- Joined a dating site. Met some people. Met a really cool guy. 🙂
- Forgiving perpetrator of toxic relationship
- Getting a sweet, high-paying contract position for the summer.
- Trying authentic Korean food for the first time in Kensington Market. Ka Chi Korean is marriage-worthy. Hot pot…mmmmmm.
- Getting my first big girl, full-time job at the Sony Centre For The Performing Arts. Dream!!! (Thanks to my ladies at FLIP.)
- Purchasing an iPhone. Farewell, poopy Blackberry!
- Purchasing a Canada Goose parka. Great prep for this frigid bitch of a winter. How psychic of me.
- GOING TO CHICAGO. IN LOVE.
- Reading some killer books, like Bridget Jones’ Diary (which is on BBC’s Book Challenge list, you know.)\
- Winning Miguel’s ‘Kaleidoscope Dream’ CD. Obsessed. On repeat in my car.
- Getting the spine tattoo that I’ve always wanted.
- Learning to be happy without a male in my life.
- Cleansing about 25 pairs of shoes I haven’t worn in the past two years.
- Purchasing 10 more pairs of shoes/boots/sandals for my shoe family.
- Keeping in touch/rekindling connection with old friends. Some people do not know how to do this. At all.
- Keeping up with this blog, posting consistently and whatnot.
- Making a bunch of new recipes! Adventure for all!
Worst Moments of 2012:
- Having two barf-y hangovers. A 100% increase from 2011. Still didn’t scare me from drinking, though.
- Being unemployed for 1/3 of the year.
- Dying my hair brown for the first time in my entire life. (Lasted a total of 3.25 months.)
- Deciding I can drink whiskey, tequila, white wine, and vodka in one night. Thus, leading to one barf-y hangover and a Sunday cuddling my toilet.
- Making a big mistake, affecting one of my best friendships. Biggest regret of 2012 by far. Probably, my whole life, actually.
- My bank account’s reaction after purchasing a Canada Goose parka for last year’s dud of a winter.
- My bank account’s reaction after purchasing an IPhone, after my Blackberry forsake (forsook?) me.
- Deciding my mom can cut my hair (more than a trim).
- Deciding I can cut my own bangs, after taking a bang hiatus (snicker) for a few months.
- Deciding that John Frieda’s Sheer Blonde Brightening/Lightening Spray was a good idea. Thanks for nothing, Johnny. (Orange hair is not a cute look, except for maybe, L’il Kim.)
- Not going on a sunny, all-inclusive vacation with my best girls.
I never, ever make these. But if I am going to make one, it will be take more chances.
- I want to possibly try a figure competition. To see if I can do it!
- Move out of my family home.
- Go somewhere I have never been before. I’d like to try Paris or South America or Africa, if possible.
Happy New Year’s, you babes!
Your Favourite Suburban Blonde,