Thanks to SkinnyFatSky for nominating me for a Liebster award! I am flattered beyond belief!
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
- Up until a couple years ago, I told people I was allergic to pears, because I disliked the texture — like an overripe apple or tomato, yuck! Now, I like them.
- I have a fear — not a phobia — of open spaces. This fear shows up when I fall off tubes or water skis at friends’ cottages in lakes.
- Favourite aromas: vanilla, coconut, baby skin, chocolate, gasoline, Paco Rabanne men’s cologne, men’s deoderant, garlic.
- My unlikely celebrity crushes are Edward Norton and Javier Bardem.
- I was barf-free from age 8 until 18. Oh, tequila, you devil. (IT WAS THE FLU WHEN I WAS 8, NOT TEQUILA.)
- I have been to 19 out of 50 American states. (I would move to Chicago, PS.)
- I have 6 piercings and two tattoos. My most painful of all was my nose piercing.
- When I was younger, I would sketch fashion designs in my spare time and I had hundreds of different designs. It was my dream “unpractical” career.
- I LOVE GUYS WITH TATTOOS. Weakness.
- Biggest pet peeves: people who only ever talk about themselves and will change the conversation to be about them, people who are unaware of their surroundings, mouth-smackers, body odor, bad breath, close-mindedness, complainers, whiners, selfish people, spoiled people and crying babies in public places, especially airplanes. Go on a frickin’ road trip, my inconsiderate baby maker peers. (Does this make me a complainer?!)
- I wanted to name my first child Jalen Rose (after the basketball player) from age 11 until age 17. So cool.
1. Best childhood memory?
I’ll tell you what wasn’t my favourite childhood memory: the time I laughed so hard I peed in someone’s shoe at my Grandpa’s 75th birthday (I was standing in the shoe…the source of the laughter. I was a very excitable little girl, okay?!) Actual best childhood memory: all of my dance shows. Kiddies running around hopped up on sugar and adrenaline with a make-up job worthy of a grade-A ‘tute!
2. Dream holiday destination?
This is definitely a toughie. Anywhere in Africa. Or Paris: the land of all of the food I cannot eat right now – sugar, cheese, wine and baguette. Mmmm.
3. Most embarrassing trait?
Sometimes I snort when I laugh. I also sleep with my mouth open. GOOD THING I DON’T HAVE A BOYFRIEND, AMIRIGHT?!
4. One thing you’d like to achieve this year?
I want to place in the top 3 at my fitness competition in April! And make moves to move out of my family home by December.
5. One word to describe yourself?
SASSY KITTY. Shit, that’s two words. COSTANZA.
6. What’s more important- love or trust?
You can’t have one without the other. I would have to say trust, at this point in my life!
7. What’s your signature dish in the kitchen?
I make really good stir frys – chicken, nuts, kale or spinach, mushrooms, garlic and onions. Or my Maple Bacon Cupcakes with Bacon Buttercream.
8. Red-eye flights or all-day flights?
RED-EYE. I cannot be in such a cramped space with germs, old people, babies, germs, old air, old people, germs, germs, old people forever. CRAZY GIRL GOES CRAZY.
9. Most favorite city?
10. Who inspires you?
Would it be narcissistic to say myself? Hey, I’m a Leo. At this point in my life, I have a couple friends who inspire me for my fitness goals and whatnot. But I am inspiring myself at the moment because I’m breaking down boundaries and shattering limits that I had set for myself over the years.
11. Three things you never leave home without?
iPhone, wallet, chapstick/lip gloss/lipstick.
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES:
- What was your worst childhood nightmare?
- What is the worst odor?
- If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Don’t be sassy and say something like water. Nobody likes a party pooper.)
- Would you rather live in the mountains or on a beach?
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Would you read a book before the adapted film or vice versa?
- If you could come back and be reincarnated as an animal, what would it be? Why?
- Would you rather be able to become invisible, teleport or read minds?
- What has been your worst kitchen disaster?
- If you could have a theme song for whenever you walked into a room, what would it be?
Here are my 11 nominees:
- HealthyGirlsHappy Hour
Liebster Award INSTRUCTIONS
1. Add the award icon to your blog!
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you.
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and then create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Choose 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, go to their blog and tell them about the award.