Last week there was a post on Thought Catalog about ’10 Perfect Songs’ (subjective, of course.)
This is just a nice, fluffy post – so let those brain cells rest and rock out with your…socks off.
- The First Single You Ever Purchased: Jennifer Paige – Crush (Really only bought this CASSETTE, because she shared the same name as me.)
- Song From First CD Ever Purchased: 2 Become 1 – Spice Girls (Such a sensual song for my seven-year-old ears.)
- First Song You Remember Your Parents Listening To That You Didn’t Hate: Smooth Operator – Sade (This song still brings back memories of my Dad cooking steak on the barbeque for Saturday dinner. )
- Guilty Pleasure Song: Give Your Heart a Break – Demi Lovato (Really, any Demi Lovato jam. I’m not picky)
- Song You Dance To When No One Is Around: Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Tami Terrell & Marvin Gaye
- The First Song You Slow Danced To: U Got It Bad – Usher (LOL sooo early 2000s.)
- Song You Played Out Because You Loved It So Much & It Was New: Basketball – Lil’ Bow Wow (To really demonstrate the love for this song, my sisters and I burned a CD with this song on it multiple times. And yes — we could have just pressed repeat on our boomboxes.)
- The Song You Want To Dance To At Your Wedding: Da Rockwilder – Method Man & Redman And if it’s not too cheesy, Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Favourite Song By Favourite Artist: I CAN’T PICK but I’ll pick something from Kanye. Slow Jamz – Kanye West (Feat. Twista and Jamie Foxx) OR Sin City – John Legend (Feat. Travis Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce, Malk Yusuf)
- Favourite Song Of All Time: District Sleeps Alone Tonight – The Postal Service
(Disclaimer: It was pretty much impossible to pick my “favourite” artists so I picked my favourites right now and “favourites” being ones I can listen to multiple times without getting sick of them.)
What are your Top 10 Perfect Songs?