Sorry I’ve been MIA – crazy past few days!
I’ve been off work since Tuesday and it’s been a nice vacation – I’d prefer the beach, but hey.
On Wednesday, I did my upper body circuit at the gym with my 60 minutes of morning cardio, followed by my last minute grocery shopping and meal cooking. I went to Wal-Mart with my mom in the afternoon and – wow – I could really tell that my energy levels were down! My legs were tired and I was lagging in the parking lot with my Wally purchases. Felt like a total Grandma! I also started packing my bag for competition day. What’s in my bag you ask?
- Competition suit
- Plain rice cakes
- Jan Tana
- Almond butter
- And I’ll be adding some more food and my iPod for some pump up music
Yesterday was my hectic day! I woke up and did my last cardio in the morning and then went to my hair appointment. (Thanks to Krysten at Total Image who did an awesome job on my hair! I love being a blonde!) I then rushed to the gym to finish my last whole body circuit before my spray tan appointment. I killed my last workout and it felt good!
(I even committed my Cardinal Sin of working out: I worked out with my hair down for a bit, because I didn’t want to wreck my new ‘do. I know, I know. You guys can chastise me later.)
My spray tan was my favourite part about yesterday. It was my first time spray tanning and it was such a hilarious experience. I had no idea that you went bucko naked and got sprayed by the tanning “attendant” or whatever. (Thanks to Gold Tan for the awesome first-time experience! I’m considering going again for casual tanning. So much safer than a booth and it’s a much better colour!)
It’s safe to say that when I go for my next coat today, I’ll be less awkward and it’ll go smoother! And now I understand why a tan makes you look so much better on stage. My muscles POPPED once my tan started to develop. Number one reason why I need to move to an always-sunny place – I am a dime plus ninety-nine in my summer skin!
Finally, my last duty of the day was to visit my coach and do a posing session in my competition suit. Once I put on my suit with my tan and new Malibu locks, my little sister told me I looked like a Barbie – always super supportive as usual. My family breeds affection and love, ha! My coach told me I killed the posing session and even taught me how to hold the trophy.
WE THINK POSITIVE AND VISUALIZE SUCCESS ON TEAM BUNNY!
Yesterday was my first day of dandelion tea as my water and it was also the start of my water depletion: one liter only! Dandelion tea is the most repulsive tea on the face of this planet. (It probably doesn’t help that I had to brew all 20 bags of tea and drink it super strong.) I wasn’t peeing as much as I thought I would be, but we’ll see today on my 500 mL. (I was such an ungrateful bitch when I had access to all the water my heart desired! I’m crying!)
Omigosh, I almost forgot – yesterday was my first day with carbs. I have never made such sweet, sweet love to a sweet potato before. It was bliss. And this morning was my first morning with carbs in I-don’t-even-know-how-long! I made baked oats (less water) and they were like a less sweet oatmeal cookie – divine!
So what am I doing when I’m not buck naked tanning or eating chicken or having a romantic relationship with a complex carbohydrate?
I’M WATCHING NETFLIX. OR NAPPING. WITH MY FEET ON A THOUSAND PILLOWS.
I started watching The Big C and it’s actually a really good show! Sad but hilarious. I recommend watching it – especially if you have any family member experiencing a battle with cancer. It really is very good.
I watched a shit ton of movies:
- Little Women – brings back so many memories of my childhood. My sisters and I used to rent this movie from the library on VHS!
- Sleeping with the Enemy – a 1991 thriller with a youngJulia Roberts starring as a battered wife. Also really good!
- The Good Son – a 1993 thriller (I’m going through a phase okay?!) starring wittle Macaulay Culkin as a total psycho and Elijah Wood. Also really good! Supah 90s.
- The Queen of Versailles – a documentary about the WestGate resort mogul and his wife and their $100 million mansion – the biggest in America – that they tried to auction off after the recession. Also really good, but the husband’s a total dick.
- Katy Perry: A Part of Me – yeah, yeah, yeah I’ve been wanting to see this forever. This was pretty good! I just love documentaries.
- Catfish – I watched this television show so I wanted to see the documentary which it was based off of and it was alright, I guess. I think it’s so strange that someone can be a pathological liar so easily.
- Young Victoria – starring Emily Blunt as Queen Victoria, this movie was really quite educational. I enjoyed it. Love me some British accents.
- Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging – I read these books when I was a preteen girly and this was a decent adaptation from the books.
- An Education – starring Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard in possibly the weirdest relationship ever. I remember wanting to see when it was nominated in 2009 for an Oscar. It was definitely a weird romantic film. Good, nonetheless.
- The Snowtown Murders – a very, very, very messed up movie based on a real-life serial killer in Australia. I think I got about 30 minutes in before I was way too disturbed to continue – and that rarely happens. Very dark.
- Gnomeo and Juliet – to heal my scarred mind from Snowtown Murders, I finally got around to watching this movie. Adorable and hilarious, I loved this movie! Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor are the best! I love British people.
More Netflix mini reviews to come! I’m probably going to watch more of The Big C today and I want to watch Pariah.
(I’m in hiding until the big day so you can’t see any pictures of me!)