I’ve been nominated not once, not twice, but THRICE for the ever-so-prestigious WordPress Liebster Award. You all know how much I love to talk about myself (“Damn confident women!”, all you men and women haters are saying. )
You can read my First Liebster Award post here.
Alrighty – blah zay blah – you know how this works. Thanks to the Bunny beauties who nominated me: Nikki from BePrettyStrong.com and my soul twin, Stacie Pepper from JourneyToTheStage. Woop! I wish I knew how to add the little badge to my blog, but sometimes this girl be #lazy.
1. What is your favourite part about blogging?
I love writing – have always loved it. Although university sort of sucked that pleasure from me for a little while, I have developed a writing voice that’s all my own: super sassy but still intelligent. (Just like me!) Okay. That’s enough cheese.
2. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
Can I just be a sponsored gym rat/fitness model/athlete? Pay me to work out please! But in all seriousness, I’d love to be a publicist for a professional athlete or personal trainer.
3. Are you a dog-person or a cat-person?
Dog person, for sure. I love to snuggle and so do dogs – except my ol’ beeyotch. But I love her anyway.
4. If you worked at Disney World, what character would you want to be?
Ariel, hands down. I am and always have been a mermaid stuck in a human body. I even contemplated going Rihanna red this fall but my hairdresser strongly advised against it.
5. Do you follow recipes or are you more of a “throw it in a pot” type of cook?
A little bit of both. I’ll use a recipe as a guide, but I’ll alter it to my eating habits/tastes. I mean…you don’t want to put too much baking soda instead of powder in cupcakes, do you?
6. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Too many to name, but the ones that stand out are the Christmas I got a Cabbage Patch doll; Friday night ballet class followed by pizza pockets and watching YTV; June dance shows, and when I got my puppy Jamie!
7. What is your worst or most embarrassing travel memory?
Thanks to Stacie, all I can think of is a Disney one! Age 15-ish, my family and I visited my Dad during his business trip and whilst walking around the resort in a tiny Abercrombie tennis skirt, I walked over a vent near a cute painter and it totally flew up – but I was no Marilyn Monroe! 15-year old Paige was mortified as 15-year-old Paige rocked butt-riding boy short underwear as always. The shame!
8. Do you know the capital of Botswana?
Despite having a Grade-12 Biology teacher OBSESSED with Botswana…nope, I do not know.
9. What dream do you hope to accomplish before the end of 2013?
Get my IDFA Pro Card in November — eek! And not gain 20 pounds in my off-season. And perhaps date a guy I don’t absolutely abhor.
10. Hamburger or pizza?
If you’ve been following my Twitter the past few days, I have been completely obsessively craving pizza. Pizza Hut pizza? Yup. Gino’s East Chicago Deep Dish pizza with two solid inches of melty cheese? OH GOD YES. MORE CHEESE, PLEASE.
1. What’s your best beauty tip or trick?
Can I get an amen for the #blessed round brush and blow dry? VOLUPTUOUS HAIR IS NOT JUST FOR YOUR THICK-HAIRED BABES.
2. What has been your favourite age so far? Why?
I’d have to say 17, because you’re young and kind of cute and still have a killer metabolism. JOKES! Really – I’ve been 24 for a month and I love every single second of it – haven’t been happy in years and it is awesome!
3. What is your absolute favourite meal?
Sushi, sushi, sushi. And protein pancakes – oh god. Drooling.
4. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
Damn. The very first OVO Fest in 2010 and Stars @ The Phoenix in 2007.
5. If you could go on an all expenses paid vacation, where would you go?
PARIS. Or Japan for that sushi.
6. What are your most crucial wardrobe staples?
GYM LIFE: Sports Bras OTHER LIFE: my watch is my only ride-or-die staple I think!
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I AM grown up. How depressing! I’d love to be a sports publicist or fitness model/personal trainer. I want to help people.
8. What’s the worst and best jobs you’ve ever had?
Worst? Refereeing soccer games when I was 15. (Wow, 15 was just a terrible year!) Parents be super crazy – and I mostly refereed young kids’ games and only a few rep ones. Best? Working for The Town of Oakville for a couple of summers and just gettin’ jacked and tanned and so dirty and partying hard all summer. And my internship at FLIP – so much fun in the Bull Pen!
9. If you could have ONE wish, what would you wish? [feel free to be selfish, I won’t judge]
I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller. Ha! Just kidding – I do wish I was a teensy bit taller (my metabolism would probably be better.) Or I wish I could afford to live in my own apartment AND be able to live. CAN I LIVE?! (Not just Jay-Z wants to know, yo!)
10. What’s your proudest accomplishment so far in your life?
Honestly, you’re not going to be surprised when I say making my lifestyle transformation – mental power, physical power and ultimate happiness. I am invincible! To quote one of my favourite blondies:
“Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make people happy — and happy people don’t just shoot their husbands.” – Elle Woods, Legally Blonde
Okay I nominate:
1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
2. Who would you have dinner with (alive or dead)?
3. What is your biggest flaw?
4. If you were stuck on a floating iceberg, who would you bring and what one item would you bring?
5. Could you live for one week without your phone or without Internet? Pick one.
6. If you could have the aroma of anything in the whole world, what would you smell like?
7. Have you ever had a recurring nightmare/dream? What was it?
8. What is the best book you have ever read in your entire life?
9. Do you cry at the sad parts in movies?
10. If you drink alcohol/have drank alcohol/have witnessed someone drink alcohol, tell me a funny story involving said alcohol and said person (if not you).